When you appreciate, respect and value your employee’s on a more personal level, you have a happier, more productive staff. This is important for your business' overall success, and one of the many ways you can help protect the longevity of your company. Aside from maintaining the company's financial obligations and updates on your commercial insurance policies, keeping an internal balance will help your company thrive.
Happy Employees are:
- More productive and creative.
- Better leaders & team players. Not only will satisfied employees help motivate others in the office, but their customer service will exceed resulting in more business.
- More engaged and loyal to the organization/company. When you have loyal employees that have been with the company for an extended period of time, they are more likely to carry a positive attitude towards the overall company and standards. This is especially great for training new employees and maintaining branding traditions.
How does one go about attracting and retaining the best employees (happiness)?
- Take an interest in who they are. Understand each of your employee's goals and how they align with company goals, fostering an environment of growth.
- Communication and transparency. Communicate company vision and mission, as well as the bigger picture and how employees fit within that scope.
- Set achievable goals. Never ask something of employees that you wouldn’t do yourself. Make employees feel involved during the goal's process, to help create overarching best practices for the company.
- Recognize progress and consistent feedback. Value and respect employees and their importance as a part of the team. Give public recognition, as well as provide consistent feedback (privately). Rather than dictate, empower and provide necessary resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Be considerate of the convenience that technology provides the work world with today. Being able to work from a remote location/office when needed, Skype meetings, etc. is essential to offer office employees in today's work force.
The Happy Employee will prevail in their daily work, with a sense of purpose, resulting in a happy company and an even happier business owner. Call Kipper Insurance Agency today to begin your road to happiness as a business owner with the right insurance coverage (760)471-2200!