Whether you are in construction, non-construction or agricultural industry, your business requires workers compensation insurance. This insurance offers insurance coverage in California, Nevada and other U.S. states to employees who get injured at work or get an illness or disease that is work-related. Workers comp insurance basically covers medical expenses and some amount of lost wages, thereby giving peace of mind to the employer.
Workers Compensation Insurance Benefits
The benefits that your employees will get when they get coverage under the insurance will depend on the severity and type of injuries, illness or disease. This said, there are primarily four kinds of benefits that fall under the purview of workers compensation insurance. These include:
- Medical Benefits: When a worker is injured or gets work-related illness or disease, the cost of medical treatment is borne by workers compensation insurance
- Income Benefits: A part of the lost wages are paid to the employee, who gets injured or develops work-related illness or disease
- Death Benefits: If an employee is killed while working, the insurance coverage in Nevada or California will pay the surviving family some amount of lost wages
- Burial Benefits: Some of the funeral expenses will be covered by the insurance
Applying for Workers Compensation Insurance
There are several ways to apply for workers compensation insurance in Nevada, California and other states. Some of the different ways to apply for workers comp insurance are highlighted below:
- State-Licensed Insurance Agent: Such an agent should have the proper license to get the insurance policy underwritten by an insurance company.
- Individual Self Insurer: If an employer has the financial ability to settle present and future claims, he can become individually self-insured. All states have a division to authorize as well as regulate such employers.
- Insurance Company: Employers can get their workers compensation directly from insurance companies. Usually, this is one of the best methods of getting fool-proof workers compensation insurance in California and Nevada.
- Employee Leasing Company: If an employer signs an agreement with an employee leasing company, it is possible for the leased employees to get workers comp insurance through the agreement signed between the two parties.
- Commercial Self Insurance Funds: Groups of employers can come together to establish commercial self insurance fund. This allows the group to spread their liabilities while pooling their resources. Such a fund usually is regulated by the Office of Insurance Regulation of the state.
Why Opt for an Insurance Company?
Getting workers compensation in California or Nevada from an insurance provider is not just about getting a reliable and dependable insurance for your employees. There are several other valuable added services that form a part of the workers comp insurance policy.
- Safety surveys, recommendations to improve safety and safety training programs for employees
- Safety consultation, which includes analyzing the current causes of accidents in your organization
- Industrial hygiene information
- Industrial health services
Typically, insurance companies are mandated by law to inform employers when any claim is made. However, this requirement can be waived.
Applying for Workers Comp Insurance
There are forms that need to be filled by the employer to apply for worker comp insurance. These forms have to be supported by relevant documentation along with check for premium payments. After your insurance is approved, the insurance company will provide you with details. These details have to be informed to the employees via human resources and prominent posters, such as Broken Arm Poster and Anti-Fraud Notice, have to be displayed at the work place.
When you are applying for workers compensation benefits, which have to be initiated by the employee, it is necessary to fill out all the details in the claims form. This then has to be handed over to the insurance company along with the supporting documents, such as doctor’s report. Once the form reaches the insurance company, after careful study and investigation, the insurance company will approve or deny the claim. There also are procedures to appeal if insurance claim for worker compensation is denied.
If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy insurance company to offer workers compensation insurance in Nevada or California, look no further than Kipper Insurance Agency. You will be amazed at the prompt and effective services provided and how the company keeps you in the communication loop, so that you always know about the claims made against your policy, payments made against claims and all the administrative and judicial proceedings undertaken to resolve insurance claims.